DUBLIN, July 7, 2021 /PRNewswire/ — The «Peptide Therapeutics Market by Type of Peptide, Route of Administration, Key Geographical Regions and Key Therapeutic Area: Industry Trends and Global Forecasts, 2021 – 2030» report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
This report features an extensive study of the current market landscape of peptide therapeutics. The study also includes an elaborate discussion on the future potential of this evolving market.
Over the years, the rising popularity of biologics, such as peptide therapeutics, have led to an evident shift in the focus of the healthcare industry, from traditional small molecule-based interventions to upcoming, albeit complex, family of pharmacological interventions. The success of peptide therapeutics, so far, can be attributed to their clinical benefits, which include high target specificity, low toxicity and favorable safety profiles. Since 2017, over 10 peptide-based drugs have received marketing approvals across different regions of the world. Examples of recently approved peptide drugs include (in the reverse chronological order of approval) LupkynisT (2021), Mycappsa (2020), Scenesse (2019), Rybelsus (2019) and Vyleesi (2019). Further, more than 150 therapeutic peptides are currently under clinical investigation, while several novel leads are being evaluated in the early stages of research. In this context, it is also worth mentioning that peptide-based therapy products account for 5% of the global pharmaceutical revenues generated annually.
Presently, several drug developers, along with technology providers, are actively engaged in the development of novel peptide therapeutics, such as peptide drug conjugates and cell penetrating peptides. Innovation in this field of research is mostly focused on improving drug delivery methods, API stability, target affinity, and optimizing toxicity profiles. Several big pharma players have also demonstrated interest in peptide therapeutics and are investing both time and capital in this domain. Since 2019, more than USD 3 billion has been invested into companies that are involved in the development of various types of peptide drugs. In addition, the market is witnessing significant partnership activity; several licensing agreements, focused on drug development and commercialization, were recently inked between stakeholders in this industry.
Amongst other elements, the report features:
- A detailed review of the overall market landscape of peptide-based therapies, including information on their current phase of development (marketed, clinical, preclinical and discovery), type of peptide (small, medium and large), route of administration (intravenous, oral, subcutaneous, topical and others) and key therapeutic area.
- A detailed review of the players engaged in the development of peptide drugs, along with information on their year of establishment, company size and location of headquarters.
- Elaborate profiles of prominent players engaged in the development of peptide therapeutics. Each profile features a brief overview of the company, details related to its financials (if available), product portfolios, recent developments and an informed future outlook.
- An analysis of the big pharma players engaged in this domain, featuring a heat map representation, based on relevant parameters, such as number of therapeutic peptides under development, information on funding, partnership and clinical trials activity.
- An analysis of the recent collaborations (signed since 2015) focused on peptide therapeutics, based on relevant parameters, such as the year in which the agreement was signed, type of agreement, type of peptide, route of administration, phase of development and therapeutic area.
- An analysis of various investments, such as seed financing, venture capital financing, IPOs, secondary offerings, debt financing, grants and other equity offerings, that were undertaken by companies engaged in this domain, between 2015-2021.
- An in-depth analysis of completed, ongoing, and planned clinical studies of various peptide therapeutics, based on several relevant parameters, such as trial registration year, phase of development, current trial status, enrolled patient population, study design, leading industry players (in terms of number of trials conducted), study focus, target disease indication and key geographical regions.
- An insightful market assessment summary, highlighting the clinical and commercial attractiveness of pipeline molecules (phase II and phase III), based on several relevant parameters, such as size of enrolled patient population (for the trial in the highest phase of development), route of administration, type of therapy, dosing frequency (for quantifying clinical attractiveness), target patient population, expected launch date and size of developer company (for quantifying commercial attractiveness).
- A case study on the role of service providers that operate within the peptide therapeutics market, along with information on the various CROs, CMOs and custom peptide manufacturers that are actively engaged in this segment.
- A case study presenting the key characteristics of novel peptide therapeutics, along with information on their applications and advantages, as well as key challenges associated with their development process.
One of the key objectives of the report was to estimate the existing market size and future opportunity associated with peptide therapeutics, over the next decade. Based on the sales for approved peptide drugs, during the period 2015-2020, we have developed informed estimates on the evolution of the market over the coming decade. Additionally, the report features the likely distribution of the current and forecasted opportunity across [A] type of peptide (small, medium and large), [B] route of administration (intravenous, oral, subcutaneous, topical and others), [C] key geographical regions (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Rest of the World) and [D] key therapeutic area (metabolic diseases, oncological diseases, endocrine diseases, digestive and gastrointestinal diseases and others). In addition, the report provides value creation analysis of approved and clinical peptide-based therapies across different therapeutic areas.
All actual figures have been sourced and analyzed from publicly available information forums and primary research discussions. Financial figures mentioned in this report are in USD, unless otherwise specified.
Key Questions Answered
- Who are the leading industry players engaged in the development of peptide therapeutics?
- Which key disease indications are targeted by peptide therapeutic candidates in the current development pipeline?
- What are the different initiatives undertaken by big pharma players for the development of peptide therapeutics in the recent past?
- What kind of partnership models are most commonly adopted by stakeholders engaged in this domain?
- Who are the key stakeholders that have actively made investments in the peptide therapeutics domain?
- How is the current and future market opportunity likely to be distributed across key market segments?
Key Topics Covered:
2. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET OVERVIEW
5. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
5.1. Chapter Overview
5.2. Peptide Therapeutics: List of Developers
5.2.1. Analysis by Year of Establishment
5.2.2. Analysis by Company Size
5.2.3. Analysis by Phase of Development and Geography (Logo Landscape)
5.2.4. Key Players: Analysis by Number of Product Candidates
5.3. Analysis by Company Size, Phase of Development and Geography (Heat Map
6. COMPANY PROFILES
6.1. Chapter Overview
6.2. Apellis Pharmaceuticals
6.2.1 Company Overview
6.2.2. Financial Information
6.2.3 Pipeline Details
6.2.4. Recent Developments and Future Outlook
6.4. Eli Lilly
6.5. FirstString Research
6.6. Novo Nordisk
6.7. Palatin Technologies
6.8. RegeneRx Biopharmaceuticals
6.9. Stealth BioTherapeutics
6.11. Zealand Pharma
7. PEPTIDE THERAPEUTICS FOCUSED INITIATIVES OF BIG PHARMA
7.1. Chapter Overview
7.2. Top Pharmaceutical Companies: Peptide Therapeutics Focused Initiatives
7.2.1. Analysis by Number of Amino Acids
7.2.2. Analysis by Route of Administration
7.2.3. Analysis by Therapeutic Area
7.3. Benchmark Analysis of Key Parameters
7.3.1. Spider Web Analysis: Pipeline Strength
7.3.2. Spider Web Analysis: Partnerships
7.3.3. Spider Web Analysis: Investments
7.3.4. Spider Web Analysis: Clinical Trials
7.4. Benchmark Analysis of Big Pharmaceutical Players
7.4.1. Spider Web Analysis: Novo Nordisk
7.4.2. Spider Web Analysis: Amgen
7.4.3. Spider Web Analysis: Takeda
7.4.4. Spider Web Analysis: Eli Lilly
7.4.5. Spider Web Analysis: Johnson and Johnson
8. PARTNERSHIPS AND COLLABORATIONS
8.1. Chapter Overview
8.2. Partnership Models
8.3. Peptide Therapeutics: List of Partnerships and Collaborations
8.3.1. Analysis by Year of Partnership
8.3.2. Analysis by Type of Partnership
8.3.3. Analysis by Year and Type of Partnership
8.3.4. Analysis by Type of Peptide
8.3.5. Analysis by Route of Administration
8.3.6. Analysis by Type of Partnership and Route of Administration
8.3.7. Analysis by Type of Partnership, Type of Peptide and Route of Administration
8.3.8. Analysis by Phase of Development
8.3.9. Analysis by Type of Partnership and Phase of Development
8.3.10. Analysis by Therapeutic Area
8.3.11. Analysis by Year, Type of Partnership and Therapeutic Area (Grid
8.4. Most Active Players: Analysis by Number of Partnerships
8.5. Regional Analysis
8.5.1. Intracontinental and Intercontinental Agreements
8.5.2. Local and International Agreements
9. FUNDING AND INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9.1. Chapter Overview
9.2. Types of Funding
9.3. Peptide Therapeutics: Funding and Investment Analysis
9.3.1. Analysis by Number of Funding Instances
9.3.2. Analysis by Amount Invested
9.3.3. Analysis by Type of Funding
9.3.4. Analysis by Year and Type of Funding
9.3.5. Analysis of Amount Invested by Geography
9.3.6. Most Active Players: Analysis by Number of Funding Instances and Amount
9.3.7. Key Investors: Analysis by Number of Funding Instances
9.3.8. Analysis by Phase of Development
9.3.9. Analysis by Therapeutic Area
10. CLINICAL TRIAL ANALYSIS
10.1. Chapter Overview
10.2. Scope and Methodology
10.3. Peptide Therapeutics: Clinical Trial Analysis
10.3.1. Analysis by Trial Registration Year
10.3.2. Analysis by Trial Status
10.3.3. Analysis by Trial Phase
10.3.4. Analysis by Trial Recruitment Status
10.3.5. Analysis by Trial Registration Year and Enrolled Patient Population
10.3.6. Analysis by Study Design
10.3.7. Analysis by Type of Sponsor / Collaborator
10.3.8. Most Active Players: Analysis by Number of Registered Trials
10.3.9. Emerging Focus Area
10.3.10. Analysis by Therapeutic Area
10.3.11. Geographical Analysis by Number of Registered Trials
10.3.12. Geographical Analysis by Enrolled Patient Population
11. CLINICAL AND COMMERCIAL ATTRACTIVENESS ANALYSIS
11.1. Chapter Overview
11.2.1. Assumptions and Key Parameters
11.3. Affiliated Insights
11.3.1. Clinical and Commercial Attractiveness Analysis: Autoimmune Diseases
11.3.2. Clinical and Commercial Attractiveness Analysis: Cardiovascular Diseases
11.3.3. Clinical and Commercial Attractiveness Analysis: Central Nervous System
11.3.4. Clinical and Commercial Attractiveness Analysis: Digestive and Gastrointestinal
11.3.5. Clinical and Commercial Attractiveness Analysis: Endocrine Diseases
11.3.6. Clinical and Commercial Attractiveness Analysis: Genetic Diseases
11.3.7. Clinical and Commercial Attractiveness Analysis: Hematological Diseases
11.3.8. Clinical and Commercial Attractiveness Analysis: Infectious Diseases
11.3.9. Clinical and Commercial Attractiveness Analysis: Inflammatory Diseases
11.3.10. Clinical and Commercial Attractiveness Analysis: Metabolic Diseases
11.3.11. Clinical and Commercial Attractiveness Analysis: Oncological Diseases
11.3.12. Clinical and Commercial Attractiveness Analysis: Ophthalmic Diseases
11.3.13. Clinical and Commercial Attractiveness Analysis: Other Diseases
12. CASE STUDY: CONTRACT SERVICES LANDSCAPE
12.1.1. Chapter Overview
12.2. Role of Service Providers
12.2.1. List of Peptide CROs
12.2.2. List of Platform Providers
12.2.3. List of Peptide CMOs
22.214.171.124. List of Custom Peptide Manufacturers
12.3. Advantages of Outsourcing
12.4. Risks and Challenges Associated with Outsourcing
13. CASE STUDY: NOVEL PEPTIDE THERAPEUTICS
13.1. Chapter Overview
13.2. Overview of Novel Peptide Therapeutics
13.3. Advantages and Applications of Novel Peptide Therapeutics
13.4. Key Challenges Associated with Novel Peptide Therapeutics
14. MARKET FORECAST AND OPPORTUNITY ANALYSIS
15. CONCLUDING REMARKS
16. APPENDIX I: LIST OF APPROVED PEPTIDE THERAPEUTICS (2000-2012)
17. APPENDIX II: TABULATED DATA
18. APPENDIX III: LIST OF COMPANIES AND ORGANIZATIONS
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/aa7rx7
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1904
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets